When I share with people I work with energy they think it strange when they’ve not encountered that term before. Some think it’s very “Woo Woo” or in the words of my 13 year old “mom’s WooDack Stuff”.
Recently I had a Reiki Client come to me out of curiosity because his friends told him it was like Witchcraft….yeah, not so much. For now, we can let the esoteric be and appreciate the realness and simple everyday offerings of how to care for and uplift our own energy.
“Energy work” is not all “out there” in the ethers.
Caring for our own energy has us become more aware of what makes us feel good in our bodies and be present in the moment. We don’t need to overthink it, just make some of these things a habit and become aware of how they make us feel.
It’s normal to feel angry, sad, frustrated, tired or woesome at times. Allowing ourselves to feel a range of emotions is part of the human experience. Staying stuck in those emotions is a choice. The little things we do daily can help us move out of those icky feelings.
If we want to thrive, it is important to become aware of our energy and take responsibility for shifting it into a healthy, vibrant space.
Simple. Free. Effective.
We just sometimes forget how basic and powerful it can be to tweak our subtle energy through these ordinary things.
Sometimes we all just need a gentle reminder that these choices can free up our energy when it gets heavy, stagnant or dark.
Add the intention of lifting up and caring for your energy can supercharge it.
Being mindful of these activities and choosing to incorporate them for regularly into ours lives can make us feel lighter and brighter. We can relieve tension and feel more focused when we take a few moments through our day to feel good.
- Get some fresh air every day, morning is best but anytime is really good.
- Move your body in a way that feels good to you.
- Hug someone. Hug often. Animals count too. Love up a fur baby.
- Drink more water.
- Submerge yourself in water. Lake. Beach. Bathtub, hot tub….it’s all good.
- Make art. Create something. It does not have to be a painting. Experiment with making your own food recipe.
- Grow something. Plant a small garden. Or get a couple of containers and grow some flower, herbs, even tomatoes for cukes.
- Beautify your living space. Add some plants/flowers or put a fresh coat of paint on your walls.
- Open your windows. Even if it’s cold out. Let in a few minutes of fresh air.
- Do something for others.
- Express your appreciation/practice gratitude.
- Stretch your body. Do some neck rolls and shoulder shrugs and focus on your breath to release tension.
- Take 10 slow deep breaths.
- Spend time with people who make you feel good.
- Nourish your body with real, high quality foods.
- Wear clothes that make you feel good.
- Take a break. Sit for 5 minutes during the day and DO NOTHING. Just be.
- Spend some time in nature. Walk barefoot outside for 3-5 minutes for an extra energy boost.
- Smell something good or wear a scent that makes your soul smile. I love to dab some essential oils on my neck.
- Send love to someone.
You don’t have to do all of these every day. Pick 2 or 3 to focus on and make them a regular practice.
Occasionally look at the list to remind yourself how you can shift your energy when you are feel low, stuck or not so good.
Share these reminders with a friend you know could use a boost or shift in their energy field.
Now it’s Your turn. Share in the Comments Below what are your favorite ways to care for and uplift your energy.